In-house Electrical expertise
- Use of National Instruments, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Curtiss-Wright hardware or any platform suitable for customer requirements
- NI Alliance partner
- Design and manufacture of bespoke control electrical systems
- Compliance with appropriate UK and EU legislation (CE, UKCA) and any other internal standards of the customer.
- Design for explosive atmospheres (ATEX)
- Certified Machinery Safety Expert (CMSE)
- Electrical schematics using EPLAN P8 or SOLIDWORKS Electrical
- Factory acceptance testing to customer requirements
- On site acceptance testing
We write a wide range of user interfaces to complement our control systems, using a variety of languages including LabVIEW, python, MATLAB and general image analysis libraries.
- The Cold Neutron Radiography Facility, with a control system allowing for manipulation of the target, image capture and safety monitoring for quick isolation of the neutron source.
- A particulate emissions measurement system to meet new aero engine emissions testing legislation.
- Control system for a Hydrogen plant which was used for measuring pressure waves and flame paths, simulating an accident.
- Control system for thermal management of fuel and oil within a hazardous environment.
- Created a turnkey software solution used on Cranfield University’s National Flying Laboratory Centre which interfaces with real-time aircraft systems and instrumentation.
- Provided a facility and software for use by water board companies to train staff on water hammer effect.
- Bespoke traverse hardware and software controlling multiple axes for automated instrumentation positioning systems. Experience in using linear positioning systems as well as robotic arms.
- Software for coordinating multiple separate instrumentation hardware to be used as part of a comprehensive test suite.