Get to know us
SCITEK Consultants Ltd is an engineering consultancy that was founded in October 1997 by Dr. Marios Christodoulou. The company provides Research and Development services to clients in a variety of sectors including but not limited to aerospace, defence, power generation and automotive. Design and manufacture of research rigs forms the backbone of the company’s activities. We consider our business model to be unique as no one project worked on is the same with each and every project representing an innovation of its own kind.
The idea for SCITEK’s innovative business model came about at a time when Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) were cutting down on the amount of R&D carried out in-house to allow them to focus on profit. This meant they were looking to contract out R&D work. Where some of this work went to Universities, accustomed to carrying out long-term research projects, SCITEK’s founder spotted a gap in the market for a business model which would allow more mature and applied R&D work to be put into practice quickly and in line with industry standards.
Since incorporation, SCITEK has been involved in many of the key industry innovations of our clients, whether it be emissions testing, X-Ray image analysis, innovations in aerosol designs of deodorants, fuel and spinning rigs, or design and build of a neutron radiography machine!
Our premises on Victory Road is made up of offices, a large warehouse and workshop with in house manufacturing capability for our rig building activities. We employ a team of highly skilled engineers and manufacturing technicians, all with wide ranging specialisms and a think outside the box mentality.
Our specialist fields of mechanical design, thermofluids, numerical modelling, control systems, instrumentation and software engineering are complementary and ensure that we can take a project from conception to reality.
Our background in R&D also gives us access to many experts in other fields and we often provide a link between industrial and academic partners.Meet our team
What our customers think
The amount of repeat business we attract speaks volumes for our customer’s satisfaction and also of their view of our value for money. We guarantee confidentiality and SCITEK will not, under any circumstances, reveal our clients’ details without express permission from an authorised source.
- The quality of the output on this project has been outstanding. The equipment delivered represents a step change in our capabilities. It is a complex system with many functions and appears to be very robust. This is one of the most successful projects we’ve ever done and SCITEK have excelled at this.- Aerospace Client (March 2022)
- An absolute pleasure working with the whole team. The constructive and friendly approach of all concerned is a credit to Scitek. Additionally, the value for money is most appreciated; a fair price for a quality piece of work.- Aerospace Client (December 2021)
- Once again, an absolute pleasure working with everyone at Scitek. I really appreciate your can-do flexible attitude, as well as the quality of the work and attention to detail.- Aerospace Client (November 2021)
- Excellent work. Great coordination – appreciate the ability to talk with the SCITEK team on a regular basis- University Client (September 2020)
- We know from past experience that Scitek will deliver what we need, when we need it. Superb!- Power Generation Client (April 2020)
- It is a pleasure to work with Scitek. My organization is a repeat customer, and we have always enjoyed exceptional support from all personnel at Scitek. Based on the superb performance from Scitek, we will be a future customer as well- Power Generation Client (April 2020)
We are experienced in collaborative R&D programmes.
Funded R&D programmes we have participated in are:
- Dream Project (2007)
- EU First Project (2011)
- Energy Technology Institute Funded Project (2014)
- EU MOTIVE (ongoing)
- Innovate UK (ongoing)
Our vision for the future
At SCITEK we believe that the future of R&D is strongly tied to the achievement of net zero goals and we want to use our services to help towards the achievement of a greener future.
Find out more about our involvement in projects relating to renewables and future fuels.About Renewables