R&D in Renewables & Future Fuels
The R&D work which our business model is geared for means that SCITEK is involved on projects at the cutting edge of industry advancements. Particularly in recent years, this means we have been involved in renewable energy projects for transport and power generation.
A number of the systems we have made for our customers are specifically aimed at helping them reduce the environmental impact of their products, whether that be the emissions of their engines, reducing fuel consumption and CO2 output or achieving acceptable noise levels and efficiencies.
In line with our mission to also bring benefit to wider society, SCITEK is actively participating in projects geared towards reduction of emissions and removal of greenhouses gases.
- Our adaptability and experience mean we can provide support for projects that we have not previously been involved with.
- SCITEK is currently working with 3 different companies on hydrogen related projects.
- As part of a safety study for the automotive industry, we produced a plant that simulates the release of hydrogen.
- We are building a rig to test sensors that measure the pressure of hydrogen.
- We are proactively building our knowledge base on the use of hydrogen
- SCITEK has built a test stand for an engine that will be running on hydrogen.
- We are also involved in a project to design combustors that will burn hydrogen and can provide infrastructure for engines that run on hydrogen or on sustainable aviation fuel.
In-House Aero-Engine Test Bed
Our facility includes a number of engines that are independent of OEMs and can be used in the development of new technologies and for testing relating to renewables and future fuels.
- Emissions testing
- Synthetic Kerosene Tests – high TRL
- Use of hydrogen
Find out more about our Aero Engine Test Bed here.
Small Modular Reactors
- An area that we are keen to be involved in.
- Several of our engineers at SCITEK have a background in nuclear engineering and optical measurement.